ANGOP - Angola Press News AgencyANGOP - Angola Press News Agency

Go to homepage
Luanda

Max:

Min:

Home » News » Economy

Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:32 - Updated Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:32

AGT collects over Akz 2.1 trillion

Luanda - The General Tax Administration (AGT) has collected Akz 2.1 trillion of taxes from September 2016 to September this year (Usd 1 is Akz 166).

Send by email

To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send

Correct

To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send

PERT leads to a rise in tax collection

Photo: Angop

The information was released by AGT official, Ngouabi Mariano Salvador, who added that of the amount above, 55% came from the oil sector, while the other sectors of the economy responded for the remainder 45%.

According to the source, in comparison with the previous period, the above mentioned amount shows a rise of 41,4%, as the oil revenue recorded a growth of 115% and the non-oil one showed a drop of 0,54%.

Speaking at a lecture on the Angolan Tax System for journalists, as part of a programme taking place from 9-20 October in Luanda,  Ngouabi Salvador said in September this year the tax collected amounted to Akz 123.5 billion.

Of that amount, the source explained, 36.3 billion (29,4%) came from the oil sector and Akz 87.2 billion (70,6%) from the non-oil sector.

This, he added, shows a drop in oil revenues of 83% as compared with the preceding month, while the contribution of other sectors  indicate a drop of 35%.

The source further stated that in September 2016, there was a drop of 43% in the oil revenue and 17% in the non-oil sector.

Ngouabi Salvador said the implementation of the Tax Reform Programme (PERT) from 2010 to 2015 has had an extraordinary impact on various sectors.

He added that PERT has increased the tax revenue from the oil sector to 132%, corresponding to an accumulated amount of Akz 1.3 billion, coupled with the rise in the contribution of the non-oil sector amounting to 52%.

Tags Economy  

Read also
  • 16/10/2017 10:51:46

    Angola: Under-fed people reduced by half

    Luanda - Angola has managed to reduce by over a half the number of people under-fed, thus meeting the first goal of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).

  • 16/10/2017 09:48:18

    Lunda Norte: Governor learns of peasants’ concerns

    Dundo - The governor of the northeastern Lunda Norte province, Ernesto Muangala, Saturday visited the municipality of Chitato to learn of the concerns of the peasants of two agricultural cooperatives based in the region.

  • 15/10/2017 12:15:12

    Uíge: Governor wants people committed to fostering agricultural production

    Uíge - The governor of Uíge, Pinda Simão, Friday in the municipality of Songo, 40 kilometers off Uíge city, called on the local population to engage in agriculture to boost production, with a view to counteract the shortage of food.