ANGOP - Angola Press News AgencyANGOP - Angola Press News Agency

Go to homepage
Luanda

Max:

Min:

Home » News » Economy

Mon, 08 Jan 2018 13:47 - Updated Mon, 08 Jan 2018 13:47

Head of State analyses Sovereign Fund situation, measures

Luanda - The Angolan Head of State, João Lourenço, on Monday in Luanda said that he has been analysing the measures proposed by the Finance Ministry in relation to the Angolan Sovereign Fund, whose implementation might begin soon.

Send by email

To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send

Correct

To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send

President João Lourenço, at the collective interview

Photo: Francisco Miudo

Giving a collective interview to local and foreign journalists, João Lourenço explained that a competent firm has been hired to conduct a diagnosis on the accounts of the Sovereign Fund.

In sequence of the diagnosis made on the Sovereign Fund, he said, the Finance Ministry has submitted a series of proposals in terms of the measures to be taken, with a view to allowing the government to have a more effective control over the moneys placed at the disposal of the fund.

He revealed that the dismissal of the present Sovereign Fund board is a possibility. “In regard to the Sovereign Fund, I would not say that I will make a dismissal, but this can happen” he revealed.

The Angolan Sovereign Fund was created in the year 2012, with an initial monetary allocation of five billion US dollars.

In the end of last year, there were rumours in some foreign press about serious irregularities in the management of the Sovereign Fund.  

Tags Angola  

Read also
  • 01/02/2019 12:50:27

    Angola presents measures for good business environment

    Luanda -The ambassador of Angola to Guinea-Bissau, Daniel Rosa, last Thursday in that country’s capital spoke about the quality of business and measures adopted by the Angolan Executive for the present Angolan context.

  • 25/01/2019 18:51:52

    Luanda Railway's workers suspend strike

    Luanda - The 17 trains of the Luanda Railroad (CFL) are back to normal, starting as from next Monday, as a result of the suspension of the general strike that began on January 14.

  • 14/01/2019 17:38:46

    TAP pilot forced stopover at Pointe Noire

    Luanda - The decision to land the TAP plane on a Lisbon-Luanda flight in the Congolese city of Pointe Noire last Saturday (January 12), due to the departure from Luanda of the flight carrying Angolan President João Lourenço to Dubai, "was entirely up to the captain" of that Portuguese company, Angop has learned.

  • 10/01/2019 12:15:32

    Chinese want to invest USD 10 billion in Angola

    Lubango - Chinese investors have available US $ 10 billion to invest in the fields of industry, agriculture and scientific research said Wednesday in Lubango, Huíla province, the minister- counsellor of the Chinese embassy , Li Bin.