Wed, 10 Oct 2018 10:54 - Updated Wed, 10 Oct 2018 10:54
More than 30 thousand diamond stones seized
Dundo - Over thirty thousand diamond stones were seized in various provinces of the country, as part of the transparency operation carried out by the Angolan Executive since last September 25.
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
Photo: Pedro Parente/Arquivo
The stones correspond to 1,894 carats, 1,403 still to be evaluated, according to Commissioner António Bernardo, spokesman for the operation that aims to control illegal immigration and trafficking of diamonds.
In a press conference, the official said that diamond trading houses were also closed in several provinces of the country and seized more than 600 thousand US dollars
The official added that some tools used in illegal diamond mining were also seized and the recovery of 50 AKM-type firearms.
The operation will last two years.
- 01/02/2019 19:20:59
Luanda (ANGOP) - At least 16.7 million US dollars were collected by Sodiam last Wednesday January 30 and Thursday January 31 of the first auction of seven rough diamonds of large carat of the Lulo project, based in eastern Lunda Norte province.
- 28/01/2019 18:43:13
Luanda - At least 40 companies are registered to participate in Angola's first rough diamond auction, an initiative to strengthen commitment to innovation and transparency in the diamond industry, said Minister of Mineral Resources and Oil, Diamantino Azevedo.
- 16/01/2019 09:17:49
Luanda - The Angolan diamonds sector produced last year a total of 9.4 million carats of diamonds, which enabled the yielding of USD1.2 billion and the increase of revenues in relation to the year 2017.
- 27/12/2018 18:54:36
Luanda - A hub for diamond-cutting factories, a professional technical school and other diamond-related industries in the country, will be inaugurated in 2019 in Saurimo, eastern Lunda Sul province.