Fri, 24 May 2019 11:02 - Updated Fri, 24 May 2019 11:02
Luanda holds Angola's major tourist facilities
Luanda -The capital of Angola, Luanda, holds 60 percent of the country?s tourist facilities, while the remaining 40 percent are scattered over the nation?s other 17 provinces, the Hotels and Tourism minister, Angela Bragança, said on Thursday.
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
Minister of Tourism, Ângela Bragança
Photo: Nelson Malamba
The minister disclosed the information, while addressing the World Tourism Forum (WTF) during a panel dubbed “Tourism and Social Inclusion in Africa”, whose event is being held in Angola.
According to the minister, Angola has 235 hotels, 1,771 related facilities, 5,829 restaurants and similar and 317 travel agencies.
However, she added, the shortage, fragility and lack of access to infrastructure has been the main hardships of the Angolan tourism sector, along with deficit of domestic output and dependence on imports.
Other difficulties hindering the sector’s development, according to the official, are the shortage of hotel’s equipments, lack of complementary offer and training and qualification of the working force including managers.
The official underlined that to improve the tourism sector, Angola has been implementing since 2018 actions such as hotels’ facelift, identification of potential tourist resources and sites.
The decentralization of the central administration and a cooperation protocol signed with National Geographic are also among the actions, said the minister.
The measures to improve the tourism sector for this year, she added, includes also the revision of the legislative package, the implementation of the Tourism Promotion Fund, improvement of statistics information and set up of a hotel-school.
The World Tourism Forum has available one billion US Dollars investment program to aid the country boost the tourism sector, according to the WTF chairsperson, Bulut Bagci.
Angola will work together with WTF during roughly a five-year term, with view to develop the tourist activity in the country, attract investors and promote the image of the country abroad.
- 24/05/2019 10:53:37
Luanda - The former Mayor of London, Ken Livingston, last Thursday in Luanda said that Angola is a country still to be known and with a promising future in terms of tourism.
- 23/05/2019 18:01:03
Luanda - Angolan head of State João Lourenço Thursday in Luanda invited the leaders of the main world hotel chains to invest in Angola, mainly in the tourism sector.
- 23/05/2019 17:12:27
Luanda - Angolan President João Lourenço said Thursday in Luanda that the Government willingly welcomed the Presidential Golf Day and the World Tourism Forum, international events that help promote the image of Angola.