ANGOP - Angola Press News AgencyANGOP - Angola Press News Agency

Go to homepage
Luanda

Max:

Min:

Home » News » Health

Mon, 20 Aug 2018 18:27 - Updated Mon, 20 Aug 2018 18:27

Angola with no suspected Ebola case

Luanda - Angola has so far not recorded any patient or suspected Ebola case, but citizens have been advised not to consume meat from dead found animals, according to the coordinator of National Emergency Programme of the Ministry of Health.

Send by email

To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send

Correct

To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send

Lutumba Agostinho

Photo: Angop

Lutumba Agostinho was speaking to the press Monday in Luanda, on the sidelines of a training course on the disease, sponsored by HealthMinistry, through the National Department of Public Health.

The training is intended to give a rapid response to Ebola virus disease.

Sixty members of the National Air Force are benefitting from the course.

"The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is facing a period of Ebola, and Angola shares a vast border land with the central African country. So, there is the need to train our colleagues, Air Force technicians, in order to prevent the risk of virus from progressing in Angola, "he said.

He added that due to the flow of citizens entering and leaving in both sides, there is greater chance for the virus to progress in the country.

He clarified that this disease is transmitted through direct contact with the dead, urine and with someone contaminated.

Iracelma Machado, the veterinarian of the Department of Animal Health of the Institute of Veterinary Services Responsible for the Wild Fauna Affairs, recommended the population to abstain from eating any type of game meat with dubious origin, as long as the situation of Ebola outbreak persists in the DRC.

Tags Disease  

Read also
  • 04/01/2019 19:03:26

    Rabies kills more than 30 people in Bié

    Cuito - The head of Health Office of the region Joao Cacungula said Friday in Cuito that 36 people died of rabies in central Bié province in 2018, more 22 deaths compared to 2017.

  • 13/08/2018 10:34:59

    Health Technical Commission assess conditions in Cacuaco

    Luanda - The Luanda Technical Multidisciplinary Commission of Combat against Malaria and Cholera returned this week in Cacuaco municipality to assess the degree of execution of the instructions given to the locals on how to prevent from these endemic diseases.

  • 02/08/2018 10:22:48

    Seminar on cholera takes place in Icolo and Bengo

    Icolo and Bengo - Members of the Intersectorial Commission to Combat Cholera met Wednesday in the district of Catete, municipality of Icolo and Bengo, in Luanda, aiming to update knowledge in the integrated management of suspected cases of the disease.