Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:47 - Updated Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:47
Covid-19: No Angolan infected in Congo - diplomat
Cabinda - Angolan ambassador to Republic of Congo Vicente Muanda Saturday confirmed nonexistence of the Angolans infected with the covid-19 virus.
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
COVID-19, novel Coronavirus
No one, of the more than 15,000 Angolans who have long been residing in Congo, and distributed in four communities located in the cities of Brazaville, Nkay / Boenza, Ponta-Negra / Kouilou and Dolizi/Niari, has been infected with Covid-19, he said.
The diplomat came to the Angolan border from Massabi along with the 72 Angolan citizens who had been stranded in the Point Noire, due to Covid-19.
He said that there are, at the level of the embassy and consulates general, programmes on conveying the message on biosafety measures, such as mandatory use of masks, hand washing and social distancing.
On the return of Angolans stranded in Point Noire, since February and March this year, Vicente Muanda said it was a relief, taking into account difficult time the country experiences and the risks of contamination with a novel coronavirus.
- 28/05/2020 20:57:22
Luanda - Angola received Wednesday in Luanda 150 more ventilators to help fight the covid-19 pandemic, Angop learned.
- 24/05/2020 13:09:15
Saurimo - The governor of eastern Lunda Sul province Daniel Neto Friday asked the Health Ministry to reinforce drugs for the provincial hospitals, through the Center for Grouped Medicines Purchases (CECOMA), in order to improve assistance to patients in various health units.
- 16/05/2020 08:16:27
Lisbon - An Angolan national currently in Portugal for medical treatment tested positive for covid-19, rising the number of active patients to 26, the Portuguese health authorities announced.