Sun, 26 Jul 2020 09:47 - Updated Sun, 26 Jul 2020 09:47
Covid-19: 72 Angolans return home
Cabinda - Seventy-two Angolan citizens who had been stranded in the Republic of the Congo returned last Saturday to the country’s northen Cabinda province, through Massabi road at border with the Point Noir.
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
Of that number, which included 19 Luanda residents and three from northern Zaire province, 11 were reactive to the covid-19 test, of whom one showed IGM and ten IGG results.
The provincial coordinator for the contingency commission to fight Covid-19 in Cabinda, Miguel de Oliveira, who praised the work performed at the Massabi border, said that those with positive IGM were forwarded to the health centre for treatment in Cabinda city.
Contacts are in progress among the Covid-19 provincial commissions to allow Luanda and Zaire residents to return to their respective areas, said Miguel de Oliveira.
The local authorities received 51 citizens from Democratic Republic of Congo.
Tags Província » Cabinda
- 19/06/2020 16:11:12
Cabinda - The provincial secretary of health in northern Cabinda, Ruben de Fátima, urged people of Buco-Zau and Belize to remain vigilant and denounce all cases linked to border violation.
- 08/06/2020 14:28:15
Cabinda - Authorities in northern Cabinda province have expressed concern about the constant violations on Chiloango River Border in Necuto, municipality of Buco-Zau.
- 06/05/2020 13:11:54
Cabinda - Border Police will step up measures to combat illegal immigration on the border between the Angola's northern province of Cabinda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), as part of preventive measures against covid-19.