Tue, 29 Jan 2019 09:27 - Updated Tue, 29 Jan 2019 09:27
Angolan government seeks solutions to tackle drought in Cunene
Ondjiva - The Angolan government is seeking solutions to tackle the drought that has hit the southern Cunene Province, which has affected at least 284,780 locals out of 990,0 87 inhabitants.
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
A multisectoral delegation coordinated by the minister of Territory Administration and State Reform, Adão de Almeida, is since Monday in the region assessing the situation to outline solutions to tackle the drought.
In November last year, a traditional authority of the region, king Mário Shatipamba, defended the need for the rehabilitation of the water wells of the region to aid the people and cattle.
Tags Província » Cunene
- 14/01/2019 18:57:04
Ondjiva - The managers of public offices in the province of Cunene were urged on Monday to avoid practices such as nepotism and corruption, aspects that have hampered the development of the country.
- 05/01/2019 11:52:47
Ondjiva - At least twenty two anti-tank mines and 10 anti-personnel landmines were deactivated and destroyed in the province of Cunene during the year 2018, the liaison officer of the National Intersectoral Committee on Demining and Humanitarian Assistance (CNIDAH), Mario Satipamba said Friday.
- 12/11/2018 10:40:59
Ondjiva - The Minister of State for Economic and Social Development, Manuel Nunes Júnior, said on Sunday in the province of Cunene that the ongoing public reforms are giving greater credibility to the country, facilitating the promotion and attraction of foreign investment.