ANGOP - Angola Press News AgencyANGOP - Angola Press News Agency

Go to homepage
Luanda

Max:

Min:

Home » News » Society

Wed, 03 Jun 2020 10:32 - Updated Wed, 03 Jun 2020 10:32

Covid-19: Country gets another 22 tonnes of diverse materials

Luanda - Angola received, last Tuesday, a new reinforcement of another twenty-two tonnes of diverse material of bio-safety and for hospital use, in the scope of the prevention and the fight against covid-19, as part of the 380 tonnes acquired by the Angolan Government from the Republic of China.

Send by email

To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send

Correct

To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send

Leonardo Inocêncio, secretary of State for Hospital Area, at the 4 de Fevereiro Airport.

Photo: Osmar da Fonseca

Speaking to the press at the 4 de Fevereiro International Airport (when the material arrived), Leonardo Inocêncio, secretary of State for Hospital Area, said that a large part of the material has to do with hospital means and the remaining relates to bio-safety and disposables.

“Essentially, this batch consists mainly of tripartite beds and hospital materials, together with various bio-safety materials such as gloves, masks, visor, among others.

“Thirty five invasive fans also arrived, a donation from Banco Negócios Internacional (International Business Bank, BNI)”, he reported.

These 35 invasive ventilators, he explained, reinforce the ventilation capacity in the country, in the event of assisting patients who need respiratory assistance.

The secretary of State said that the Ministry of Health will continue to work to equip covid-19 treatment centres across the country and recalled that the means that have been arriving are being distributed across the 18 provinces of Angola.

Angola has not registered any positive cases recently, so far, remaining with 86 positive cases, four (4) deaths, 18 recovered and 64 active cases, including two babies aged one and two months, respectively.

Read also
  • 17/02/2018 14:41:57

    Ministry of Health denies alleged admission tender

    Luanda - The Ministry of Health today denied to ANGOP, in Luanda, to have opened an alleged personnel admissions tender, as it has been publicized in recent days in social networks.

  • 15/12/2017 17:50:30

    Luanda Sanatorium to benefit from facelift in 2018

    Luanda - The Sanatorium Hospital located in Palanga neighborhood, Luanda, will start its rehabilitation and expansion works in March next year, due to the poor condition of its structure, built 49 years ago.

  • 23/10/2017 10:02:33

    Cabinda: Minister gives priority to Angolan citizens' health

    Cabinda: The health and well-being of Angolans is a priority of the Executive, said last Saturday in Lândana, in Cacongo Municipality of the northern Cabinda Province, the Health minister, Sílvia Lutukuta.