The main historical natural places in Cabinda, are as follow:
Kakongo Forest Reserve
It has 650 km2 area and surrounded by Democratic Republic of Congo on the north, Luali river on the east, Inhuca river on the west and Inhuca and Luali river connection on the south.
The forest is extended to 290.000 hectare. It is a covered tropical forest, whose green rich tones are always a surprise for the visitors. The forest is rich in valuable wood, such as blackwood, ebony, African sandalwood, rare wood, and ironwood. The forest fauna is formed by gorillas, chimps, elephants, and many rare birds.
It is also known as Cabinda kings cemetery. This place has tens of sculptures decorating the graves.
It is a suitable place to watch birds and sanctuary for birds like pelican and flamingos.
Historic mark of Simulambuco Treaty
It has 5 km distance to the north of Cabinda. On February 1, 1885, the Treaty was signed between the princes of Cabinda and the Portuguese crown, represented by Guilherme Augusto de Brito Capello, commander of "Rainha de Portugal" corvette. Through this treaty the Enclave was put under the Portuguese crown control. The princes of Cabinda decided to plant a tree, known by Nsanda in their local language, as a symbol of the agreement. This tree endures until today. A concrete stone monument was built at the same place, in 1956.
Let us point out the old Sé Episcopal from XVI century, Lândana church, built close to Landana village catholic mission, at the beginning of XX century, people’s palace, which was a former prison(Health technical School nowadays), Evangelic school( wooden built as Dutch style), sagrada Esperança school, Cabinda Provincial museum, Pedra Grossa, presently used by the Culture Mnistry delegation, S. Tiago church in Lândana ( religious architect "must"), nearby catholic mission, Nossa Senhora Raínha do Mundo church, Imaculada Conceição church, Mboca curch, S. António church, nearby Belize mission.
Chiloango River mouth
The river itself is already a touristic attraction along its water course. The river was an important mean of communication, during Portuguese colony, to carry wood out of Maiombe forest.
It is 30 km far from the province capital, at Malembo commune. It has still a lot to be explored. There is easy access even by small cars. You can bath and practice sport fishing safely.
Manenga and Tchuquisse Lagoons
Placed at Massabi commune, it is an interesting touristic place. You can even fish sea fish, because there is sea water, due to its connection with the Atlantic Ocean.